Using Wufoo as Helpdesk
I recently wanted to have a simple way to answer support queries for my PNR Chrome Extension .
The use-case is simple -
- It should be light weight and should work well for single-user.
- It should get specific inputs from the user (usage type, demography)
- A regular form textarea and their email address where User would send their queries.
- I should receive an email whenever they filled it up and replying to that email form my Inbox should should go to the sender (via reply-to)
- I should be able to track the version number and source
Wufoo suited this bill perfectly. Here is what I did:
- Setup a form with the required fields along with Email field
- Configure Email Notifications and set reply-to as the Email field
- Add URL modifications to track source and version number and hide them.
This was simple to setup and worked perfectly for me as a one-person support system. The live
Continue reading →